Kishore Biyani, CEO and MD, Pantaloon Retail, a part of the Future Group, while talking to media persons at the NRF annual convention in New York, where he was conferred the International Retailer of the Year award, said that there was absolutely no truth in media speculation about his group’s imminent tie-up with the the world’s second biggest fast food restaurant retail chain Burger King.”Our job is to keep on meeting people. But I don’t think there’s anything happening that side,” he said.
While, he refused to comment on reports about a possible tie-up with Starbucks- the world’s biggest coffee shop chain in India, he expected that the first shop of the chain would open in India by June, 2007.
- We have moved to a NEW address!
- Reliance targeting big on ‘BtoB’ business, hopes to garner 1 lakh crore in revenue
- Reliance ‘Fresh’ at Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai & Gujarat in 3 months
- Reliance Retail opens 9 ‘Fresh’ stores in NCR; targets 1 trillion in revenues
- Shopper’s Stop Q3 grows 29% in revenues, 27% in operating profits
- Pantaloon adds 8 lakh sq ft in Q3, sales jump by 60%
- Reliance juggernaut gaining momentum
- 3 days of Maha Savings on something Vs. 365 days of savings on everything
- Ambani turf wars may extend to retail
- Big Bazaars gearing up for 3 days of “Maha Savings Offer”