- Wal-Mart operates more than 6,500 stores in 15 countries.
- Wal-Mart serve more than 25 million customers around the globe every day.
- Wal-Mart saves an average American household around $200 every year.
- Wal-Mart health-plans insure more than 1 million people. This makes Wal-Mart to be among the largest providers of health insurance in the U.S.
- Wal-Mart employs 1.8 million associates worldwide, including 1.3 million in the United States. More than 240,000 of these are senior citizens, who are 55 years or older in age.
- Wal-Mart has created more than 240,000 new jobs over the past three years in the U.S.
- At a recent store opening in the U.S., more than 25,000 people applied for 325 available jobs!
- More than three-quarters of Wal-Mart store managers began their careers with Wal-Mart as hourly associates.
- Wal-Mart is the largest private employer in the U.S.