TESCO, the UK’s biggest retailer with an impressive 13% of the UK’s shopping spend share, having annual turnover of US$ 74.6 billion, and already occupying more than 60 million sft of selling space worldwide (33 mn sft of which is overseas), is in advance talks with India’s telecom moghul Sunil Bharati Mittal over a potential joint venture to corner a part of estimated US$ 235 billion grocery market in India. Details of its expansion plans could come on Tuesday when directors are due to announce their usual profits spectacular with trading figures for the half-year to the end of August reports FreshPlaza.
- We have moved to a NEW address!
- Reliance targeting big on ‘BtoB’ business, hopes to garner 1 lakh crore in revenue
- Reliance ‘Fresh’ at Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai & Gujarat in 3 months
- Reliance Retail opens 9 ‘Fresh’ stores in NCR; targets 1 trillion in revenues
- Shopper’s Stop Q3 grows 29% in revenues, 27% in operating profits
- Pantaloon adds 8 lakh sq ft in Q3, sales jump by 60%
- Reliance juggernaut gaining momentum
- 3 days of Maha Savings on something Vs. 365 days of savings on everything
- Ambani turf wars may extend to retail
- Big Bazaars gearing up for 3 days of “Maha Savings Offer”